Sunday, August 2, 2009

How do I copy a Microsoft Word macro into another Word document?

I'm trying to transfer a custom made macro from one Microsoft Word document to another. The macro was set up so that if you selected a gray circle and clicked Ctrl+alt+B, it would turn blue. Similarly, if you selected a blue dot and clicked Ctrl+alt+G, it would turn gray. I tried to copy this across to another word document, but it doesn't work in the new document. I'm obviously not copying it the right way; how do I do it correctly?

How do I copy a Microsoft Word macro into another Word document?
Another more hack-ish solution (once again, without seeing the macro, it's hard to tell) would be to delete the contents of the existing document (Edit %26gt; Select All and then press the "del" key on the keyboard), save it under another name (File %26gt; Save As), and then use the new document as a starting point. This way, your macros will be preserved from the first document without requiring any type of export...





Not ideal, and I'm sure there's a better way of doing this, but it should work...
Reply:The only thing I can think off without seeing the macro (no, I don't want to) is that there might be some other modules in the Word Project that also have to be copied. For instance, what creates that gray circle and blue dot? Are these graphics? If so, where are they?


No comments:

Post a Comment