Monday, May 24, 2010

How Can I Sort Photos with the Other Data in Microsoft Excel?

I have text data in cells in my Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. I also have photo files in the spreadsheet. The photos files are associated with text files. How can I get them to sort along with their associated text files?

How Can I Sort Photos with the Other Data in Microsoft Excel?
The photos are not contained within a cell, so they can't be sorted. The only way that I can think of would be to put the photos into comments for a cell in each row (say, the same cell as the person's name if they are photos of people).





To get a picture into a cell comment, select a cell and then go to Insert --%26gt; Comment. Now, right click the comment box and choose Format Comment. On the dialog box, click the Colors and Lines tab and then choose Fill Effect from the color drop-down list. Choose the Picture tab and then select the picture that you want to use.





Now, when you hover the mouse over a cell with a comment, the picture will appear. If you sort the data, the comment will stay with the original text. So, the effect is that the picture is sorted with the text.





Tim


http://www.tvmcalcs.com/blog/


No comments:

Post a Comment