Friday, May 21, 2010

What is the best way to set up microsoft access to allow me to see what my inventory will be on certain dates?

I run a small promotion agency that runs events for two companies. I am looking for a way to have an inventory connected to a calendar. I want to be able to click on a date and be able to see what items will be in my inventory on a given day, and likewise I would like to be able to sign out pieces of my inventory on given days. I believe using Microsoft Access would be the way to go, but any computer program would work. Any ideas?

What is the best way to set up microsoft access to allow me to see what my inventory will be on certain dates?
Well, sure. You'd create a table with the items in your inventory, and another with checkout/checkin dates (and a foreign key to the inventory key). You'd use the Microsoft calendar control and when you clicked on a date, it would trigger a query that would produce a list of items checked out as of that date and then immediately run another to get the remainder; i.e. those not checked out. (I'd have to think about that and whether a single query could be used...possibly).





There ya go. Assume you're an Access-type person. If so, it's not hard. Create a form to update (add/delete from) inventory, one to add checkout/checkin dates. If you're not an Access person, you'll have to hire it out.

yugioh cards

No comments:

Post a Comment